Sunday, July 13, 2014

Live for Today

When you're a kid, all you want is freedom. To be able to do what you want, when you want. You have all these day to day fantasies of what you want your life to be, all the things you will do, and all the people you might meet. Instead of enjoying your childhood and living for that moment, you are too busy thinking about your adult life and how cool it would be.

The days of your childhood quickly disappear and before you know it, you have graduated high school and you are faced with the reality of a world you weren't ready for. Its like a slap in the face. You then realize how easy you had it and for a moment, you want it all back...

For me, the hardest part about growing up is not being totally sure what my life will be like. The unknown itself freaks me out. Ten years ago today, I would not have guessed my life to be what it is now. So much has happened I didn't expect, and it either left me crying or just satisfied things worked out in the long run. But what I've learned throughout these past twenty years is that I can't stop living for today, worrying about tomorrow. I have to take risks. Sometimes they will pay off and sometimes they won't. And if not, I have to pick myself up and move on. I've learned not to have regrets but to have experiences. To smile more and worry less. Growing up and becoming an adult is the life I wanted, so I have to deal with all the hurdles life will throw at me. That freedom I wanted? Yeah, It comes with a price. But in the end, it'll be worth it.

Live, Learn, and Let Go

No comments:

Post a Comment